Thursday, December 18, 2008

Onions


I just finished a book that tastes like onions, long after the last page is turned.

I am vexed.

The book's premise was based on the idea that because someone is in love, they can be as obnoxiously selfish as they want to be. Love explains and excuses every action. Love is the quintessential band-aid for all evils. Love yada yada. After reading this book, if this is what love is, I simply don't want anything to do with it. 

Onions also make people cry. Doesn't anyone feel their stinging eyes?

This is reality people. We live in world that believes this. I can leave my husband if I fall in love with another man. I can sign the divorce papers and force my kids to watch their world fall apart. I can ignore my friends and family to be with the person that sucks up my existence. I can have sex with a guy when I'm 14 and have his baby with no money or maturity to support because we are "in love." I can abuse, steal, kill, defile- I AM IN LOVE. I mean, no one can help their feelings, right?

Is this love? Or onions?

New York Times Bestsellers List- you failed.

I need to go brush my teeth. If I am to find true love today, I refuse to find it with onion breath.






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Sweetie Pie,

I'm convinced that some authors and others do not have the slightest idea about real life.

Onions can be like love. Not the freshly chopped, stinking, eye irritating onions. Rather the end result of a slow saute, a careful blend, a slow consumption. Thats love.

Uh, the key for love for you is to hang in until you find a guy just like your old grandpa. UMMM!

Luv Ya

Grandpa Pierce

Doug Brown said...

Random: I love Onions.

Ashley said...

hey love! I got your gift and the necklace thing was so cool! Thank you so much! You mean so much to me! and I really liked you're "pink" post and the comments that followed. very good and though provoking. love you!!!!!